Alfred R. Lipton
Phone: (312) 236-7088
Fax: (312) 236-0781
ALFRED R. LIPTON
Alfred R. Lipton joined with Richard L. Mandel in 1966 and that partnership was the predecessor to the present firm. Since he started as an associate in a two-person firm, Al Lipton practiced in various areas of the law, including trial work, business, organizations, estate planning, federal appeals practice (for two years). During the early years of his practice, Al Lipton did state and federal appeals work through a federal grant for the Legal Aid Bureau of Chicago.
Although he has practiced, and continues to practice in many areas, for the past years, the majority of his practice has been representing corporations and other types of business entities from their conception to their growth and transfer to succeeding generations. He serves as outside general counsel to approximately 35 corporations in the United States and some outside the U.S.
He represents not only the corporations, but the individual owners of these entities, their families and their employees. That includes a substantial amount of tax and estate planning and the use of various entities such as family partnerships and trusts so that the family's assets can be transferred to their designated heirs in the easiest manner with the least amount of tax and other costs.
Areas of Practice
Outside corporate counsel to closely held corporations (and other closely held entities)
Business, Commercial and Contracts
Estate Planning with emphasis on business reorganization
U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1967
U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1968
U.S. Supreme Court, 1973
University of Chicago Law School, Chicago, Illinois, 1966
J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, 1963
B.S., Bachelor of Science
Honors: Dean's List
Seafood Merchants, Ltd.
Consolidated Chemical Works, Ltd.
John Woods & Associates, Inc.
Krenzien, Krenzien & Associates, Inc.
Schoen & Associates, Inc.
Sidvim USA, Inc.
Weglarz & Parkhurst, DDS, PC
Stephen M. Passen
February 1, 1942, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America